The Real World
No, not the show on MTV, but the big leap into adulthood that most everyone has taken but me. Well, not anymore. I am officially a grown up.No more winters in Vail, spur of the moment trips to Vegas, and summers in Europe. I have decided to be responsible and put my degree to use.
Tomorrow I will be starting work at Wiesner Publishing as the Ad Trafficking Manager for their Senior Market Advisor Magazine. Yes, a manager…that means I have an assistant. How cool! I will be handling all the ads and act basically as a liaison between the Sales and Graphic Design Departments as well as oversee the work of the Assistant Manager.
It will be wonderful to finally have heath insurance, and with dental as well I'm sure my dentist will be happy to see me after my 3-year absence. Oops.
As another big grown up step, John and I will be getting an apartment together. We are moving next weekend into a 2 bed 2 bath unit in the same building where I used to live with Heidi. We will have an office/guest room so you all are welcome to come and visit.
Crazy stuff I know. But after 2 years of play I am finally ready to settle down. Denver is officially my home now.



8 Comments:
congrats! and can i just say, thank god! i was beginning to worry about you! im so proud of you for having your play time, and now taking the big leap into adulthood. i wish you the best of luck, it's quite a transition. congrats on the new job, i cant wait to hear all about your first day of work! ill try and ring you before i leave the country so i can hear your happy voice! miss you and congrats again! kick ass!
wow congrats! Thats awesome!
hon i think i just teared up. you're getting soooo grown up... why i rememmber like it was only yesterday when you and i were traipsing around oz in that cardboard excuse of a car with only our packs to weigh us down. ahh memories. I"m really proud of you amy. You're gonna do great things and this job is so very lucky to have you on board. Congrats on the big leap of domesticated yourself as well. Make sure he puts the toilet seat down. Boys just love to leave that up. I'll never understand it. :) I miss ya. Hope to see you soon.
congrats! Sounds like a exciting job...well, for an adult job that is. best of luck!
Well you have a beautiful home now Amy!!! I thought Denver was just awesome, just a little too far away for me though, but if I ever get sick of the corn fields here in Ohio I'll meet you out there. That is great you and John are getting an apartment. He is such a great guy. Maybe Missy and Tom and Josh and I can come to visit and ski and I'll get to meet Tom too. Sounds like a good plan to me. I promise i'll be better than the first time we went, ha ha. I know Josh is dying to try it. Well anyway congrats on the job and everything!!! It's so funny how all of us girls were young athletes entering Kreisher-Ashley 6 years ago, and now all of us have great jobs and some are married, living with boyfriends, and close to settling down. Gosh, we're so grown up now. Let's get together and have a girls weekend and just be stupid freshmen again!!(Before anyone has a baby) :-)
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Not saying that will be me anytime soon!!
amy update your blog working girl! my phone died last night...it says i have a message and i think it might be from you...i'll listen to it and call you back. i have soccer tonight and possibly an 'emergency' freelance project for this guy that could take all night...fun fun. : ) cheers!
Post a Comment
<< Home