Monday, June 27, 2005

Sevilla

Sevilla was basically a drunk tank for us. We used the weekend to relax and sober up after our crazy times in Lagos. The city is nice but very spread out. The narrow streets are like a maze spiraling out from the city´s center. Even with a map it is east to get lost.

We toured the royal palace and gardens and played tag in a hedge maze...fun stuff. We also checked out the city´s cathedral which is the 3rd largest in the world. Friday night we enjoyed a dinner of paella and sangria along the river. It is nice to be back in Spain. I´ve missed it. My Spanish is rather good considering it´s been years since I´ve been here.

Heidi and I hooked up with a couple of Canadian girls in Lagos that came with us to Sevilla and will be traveling with us for the next week. We arrived in Torremolinos today, a small beach town on the east coast of Spain. No surf here but I hear it´s better a little up the coast. I´ve only been once so far but am looking forward to getting back on a board.

3 Comments:

At 12:20 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

glad you're drinkin' it up! post pictures. dont forget to check our blogs! cheers!

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Jess said...

god i would give anything to be there with you right now. I really hate the place i am at right now with work and stuff. I'm ready to quit everything and grab a bag and go. Miss you like crazy and so glad you have this blog to update us all with your travels. You girls be careful but live it up.

 
At 5:10 AM, Blogger Kelley said...

Wow sounds like you are having a good time! Id love to go sometime, although my spanish sucks... yo quero taco bell... is about it for me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home