Saturday, July 23, 2005

Switzerland

So we just left Switzerland...so sad. It was absolutely beautiful there, however, incredibly expensive. Fifteen bucks for a hamburger? Who are they kidding. Thank you but I will pass and satisfy myself with the bread I stole from our FREE bread and jelly breakfast this morning. Get real people. Heidi and I also managed to cut back on our drinking costs by happy hour hopping from hostel to hostel. Two for ones? Im there. We did, however, splurge our last night on a wonderful meal from none other than Hooters. Who would have guessed that there“d be a Hooters over here. American food...Im all over that.

The one luxury item I allowed myself to partake in was Canyoning. $115 and worth every cent. We drove an hour up the mountain to Grimmsel Canyon where we were outfited in wet suits, booties, helmuts, and harnasses. We started off with a 150 foot repell down into the canyon followed but a 20 foot jump into the river/creek. We followed the river and did several more jumps, natural rock slides, and two zip lines.

One of the jumps I did was 70 feet and I had to jump out as far as I could into the white water of the fall in order to clear the cliff below. That one was a little scary. There is no way this stuff would be legal in the states. Anyways, it was completely awesome and definitely on my top 5 list for the coolest things Ive ever done...right next to running with the bulls.

3 Comments:

At 6:25 AM, Blogger Jess said...

no f'in way would i be able to do that. I had enough trouble jumping off those waterfalls in cairnes with you Amy. I'm a big pussy so I give you props for having the balls to do that stuff.

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

amy's got balls!

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

15 bucks for a hamburger? did you get the entire rest of the animal as a side dish with that?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home