Norway
So at 11pm last night our plane touched down in Norway at the Oslo airport. Shortly after, the sunset. Yes, that is right. The sun set at 11pm. Crazy stuff and Im in the south right now. Rumor has it that up north where Tine lives (well above the artic circle) it is light 24 hours. How weird.Another discovery I made is that Norway is incredibly expensive. Im flying solo here in Oslo for 2 more nights before I head up to Trondheim to meet up with Zanett. Good thing too because I'd surely be broke if I didnt have friends to stay with.
Zanett has been a saint. Heids and I were slightly freaking out because our flight arrived so late from Berlin and all the hostels were booked. Apparently the entire city has been taken over by the largest youth soccer tournament in the world, thus leaving us bedless. Nonetheless, Zanett came to our rescue. She called all her friends in Oslo with no avail then started calling hostels on the outskirts of the city with out web address. She was able to find 2 beds on the floor of a huge dorm in a YMCA and reserved them for us. Thank God because we didnt even make it to our hostel until 2am. If it hadnt been for Zanett we would have surely slept in the airport.
Thank you Zanett!


2 Comments:
goosebumps! rock on! im glad everything worked out okay! i cant wait to hear stories about visiting the norwegians! tell them a big hello from me!
yikes. glad you guys found a place to stay. why are you flying solo in a bit. what's happening to heidi? When are you coming back?
Post a Comment
<< Home