Friday, August 12, 2005

Nord Norge

So I'm in northern Norway now. Harstad. Tine's city. It is a cute little fisherman town about six hours by car north of the Arctic Circle. I'm really getting up there, huh?

I drove up here with Tine and a couple of her friends from Zanett's city, Trondheim. It was about a 14 hr drive but we broke it up over a couple of days and went camping along the way. You can camp anywhere here in Norway. We found a little beach on a fjord just off the side of the road and pitched a tent. In no time we had a campfire going and were grilling steaks and spare ribs. And coming from a former vegetarian, it was pretty damn good.

We arrived a couple of hours ago and went to Tine's grandma's place for a fine dinner of Norwegian meatballs and boiled vegetables. Gotta love a home cooked meal. Tonight there is a beer festival going on in the city so that should be fun. Mmmmmmm. Beer.

Tomorrow we are going to a cabin Tine's family has on an island near by. They have a boat and we are going sea fishing. If it is sunny I think we might go for a swim as well. Crazy. I know. Anyways, that is what has been going on. I won't have anymore pictures up until I get back on Tuesday. No time.

2 Comments:

At 11:51 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

ohhh coool! hi tine! how is the weather? the arctic circle makes it sound very cold!

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

dude, i cant believe you're coming back tuesday! have a very safe trip and give me a ring when you get a spare minute back in the states. ciao bella

 

Post a Comment

<< Home